Monday, February 1, 2010

Aaaannnnd, we're back.....

If I could say "crazy" in several languages right now I would.  But since I can only speak elementary Spanish that I learned on Sesame Street I'll have to stick with English.  So yes, the past two weeks have been nutty insane, but it's been a good nutty insane. 

The biggest news is that ISAAC HENRY IS A YEAR OLD!!!  My sweet baby boy turned one on January 27th and I cry every time I think about it.  I'm so proud, in awe, and insanely in love with this kid that I am about to pop.  We celebrated on his actual birthday with his own little cake and we were going to have some friends over for a little party on Saturday, but due to the seven inches of snow and layers of ice under that, we had to cancel.  I was soooo bummed and quite sad.  I know Isaac doesn't know the difference, but dang, it's his FIRST birthday!  We celebrated and dug into another cake, which didn't bum him out in the least.  This was his first experience with sugar and it's safe to say he is a fan.

Unlike other kids and their first cake experience, Isaac isn't a "dig his hands in and smoosh it in his mouth" type of guy.  Nope.  He's a "bend down and eat it like a dog" kind of kid.  He started doing this when he couldn't pick up his pears at lunch one day.  He continues the tradition with his cake and, boy oh boy, was he proud of himself after every bite.  He loved every minute of it.

  

My Mom, brother and sister-in-law made their way down to Nashville from Iowa for Isaac's birthday it was sooooo good to see them.  Sadly my dad had to work and he was greatly missed.  We did get to see him for a few hours though, which was fantastic but waaayyy too short.  He drove my mom down to Paducah, KY and Marcus, Isaac and I met them there to pick her up.  Isaac had his first Cracker Barrel experience and is officially addicted to biscuits.  Isaac adores his grandparents but has a special place in his heart for my dad, which warms my heart like no other.  We got some amazingly sweet pictures of them.  Uff...for sweet. 



In true Hanson fashion, we can't seem to have Mom and Dad down to visit without some crazy big project to tackle while they are here.  This trip was no different and Mom and I finally painted the entryway.  Only took seven years to actually get it painted.  When Marcus moved in the painting wasn't completely finished, so he put that on his "someday I'll get to that list" which has since grown to more than a mile long.

Right before we got married the main floor toilet overflowed and leaked down one of the walls in the entryway, which caused paint to bubble and drywall to break apart.  Three years ago Marcus fixed the hole in the wall, added a doorbell, which required more drywall patching and an even greater need for paint.  Paint was purchased four months ago and was FINALLY used on Monday.  Gracious.  It looks fantastic and I am SOOOOOO beyond thankful for my Mom and her mad crazy painting skills.  Next up on the to-do list, the garage.  You can start praying for me now.

 
 

I wish I had some before and after shots of the entryway, but I'm a moron and forgot to take pictures.  The "after" is much better anyway. 

So there you have it!  The last two weeks at casa dePaula.  Posts will be more regular now that we are back to our regularly scheduled programming.  Love to all!! 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...I love Isaac's birthday pics! Happy birthday, little guy!

    ReplyDelete