Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th...

I don't know why but I have never enjoyed fireworks. Never ever. Even as a kid I didn't enjoy sitting outside, fighting off massive bugs that get stuck in my bug spray mixed with sweat, looking up at the sky, oohing and ahhing over colorful explosions. Call the the Scrooge of the 4th of July, but it's true. Don't get me wrong, I am a history freak and I love what the 4th stands for and why we celebrate it. I just choose not to partake in the capping off festivities of minor explosions.

But it seems that our neighborhood is full of people who absolutely love the 4th and the one day a year where it seems to be acceptable to set off explosives. That love carried on well into the 5th of July (mainly late at night) where our neighborhood yahoos set off hundreds of fireworks. I am sure these people don't have small children trying to sleep. The idiots across the way from us nearly burned their apartment complex by setting them off a little too close to the building. Of course they did that last year as well and obviously didn't realize that that could happen again.

Why can't everyone just have an ounce of common sense? Seriously folks? Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment