Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What goes around...

My husband and I are a lot alike yet sooooo very different. We have similar senses of humor, (dang, the man can crack me up) we are both very driven and productive people, we have the same sense of serving others and being comfortably situated in the background rather than up front for everyone to see. But one huge difference that we have comes in the form of procrastination.

When Marcus and I were doing our premarital counseling, our pastor brought up a very simple fact but one that would make a profound statement: we were raised differently. Simple, no? But this little statement has helped me to wrap my mind around some frustrations that I have had (and I'm sure that he has had with me) within our differences. I am not a procrastinator. When something needs to get done, I do it right away. I hate having things loom over me, waiting to get done. Marcus is King Procrastinator. In the fullest sense of the word, the man puts so many things off and waits till the last minute to do oh so many things. But that is how he works and I love him the way that he is. Does it frustrate me to no end at times? H-E-L-L yes, but I'm trying to get better at just letting it go and accept that that was how he was raised. End of story, right? Not so much...

So I'm sitting at my desk, creating my 'to-do' list for the day and it has started to overwhelm me. Yikes! Deadlines are popping up out of nowhere and things have picked up...and fast. So what am I doing about it?

Writing a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment