Monday, May 4, 2009

The cool baby music mix...

I think I might have hit on something. Today I mentioned on Facebook that I was making a mix for Isaac because Marcus & I refuse to have annoying kid music enter our house. Several friends asked what songs we were going to include and thought it was a great idea. That got me thinking...I should post the list here! This won't be the first or the last of the mixes, so when I start a new one I'll post what is included.

So far we have been focusing on the classical CDs that we have and playing whatever we feel like listening to in the car. I'm not sure if a lot parents feel like they have to buy the horrid Elmo or Barney CDs that most kids are "supposed" to listen to, but this parent is not.

This is a mellow mix of sorts, mainly an easy introduction for Isaac's sweet little ears. Hopefully this will be the beginning of his stellar musical taste :)

1.) Radiohead "How To Disappear Completely"
2.) Band of Horses "No One's Gonna Love You More Than I Do"
3.) The Bees "Starry Gazey Pie"
4.) Damien Rice "Cannonball"
5.) Elbow "Scattered Black and Whites"
6.) Ephemera "Air"
7.) The Innocence Mission "Tomorrow On The Runway"
8.) Joseph Arther "Redemption's Son"
9.) Judson Spence "His Love Never Quits"
10.) Kings Of Convenience "Homesick"
11.) Massive Attack "Teardrop"
12.) Ray LaMontagne "Be Here Now"
13.) The Sundays "Wild Horses"
14.) Gary Jules "Mad World"

Random collection, yes. BUT they are some of my favorites, so I thought that would be a good introduction from good old Mom. I plan on adding many more, but this is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment