Friday, May 1, 2009

Fridays that I thought were Saturdays...

Today I woke up thinking it was Saturday. I guess when you work from home, have a three month old and rarely leave the house the days can get confusing. I used to live in an area of Nashville called the Hillsboro Village before I was married. And boy do I miss it. It's such a cool area of town with lots of great shops, coffee houses, and most importantly, you're able to walk everywhere. Where we live now...not so much.

My husband bought our townhouse about two years before we were married. Marcus is a "retired" live audio engineer and would be on the road for months at a time. He needed a place where he didn't have to tend to the lawn and had generally easy upkeep. When we got married we had a lot going on and the thought of shopping for a house literally made me sick to my stomach. So we decided to stick it out here for a few years. It has a lot of space (over 2,300 square feet) and we are quite comfortable here, aside from no fenced in backyard for the dogs (ohhh, how I long for a fenced in backyard!) and being closer to where most of our friends live.

The big thing that has happened to our humble abode is that Marcus fixed up our spare room (what us northerners call a basement) and turned it into our office. He did this while I was pregnant so I was of little use to him in the helping out department. He did a great job. We still have a way to go, but we have our desks and and other office equipment in there so it is functioning. I'll try to get some pictures posted within the next few days. If you want to check out the work in progress, you can look at my old blog: http://bookendgirl.xanga.com.

Isaac got the all clear from his doctor and does not have an ear infection, praise the Lord!! I'm sure we will have some in our future, but for now he is happy as can be in his swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment